Enjoy prenatal yoga at home for a healthy pregnancy.
This prenatal yoga DVD prepares you for childbirth with 40 minutes of strengthening poses and 10 minutes of guided relaxation.
Healthy Mom, Happy Baby Prenatal Yoga DVD is a wonderful way for you to enjoy the benefits of prenatal yoga in the comfort of your own home. Suitable for all levels of yoga experience, this DVD guides you through gentle yoga exercises selected to safely support and strengthen your body throughout all trimesters of pregnancy.
Two expert yoga instructors, Dr. Anna Davis and Lisa Black, take you through approximately one hour of Vinyasa yoga poses. If you don’t want to do the entire practice, select your preferred prenatal yoga poses from the DVD menu:
2. Arm strengthening
3. Standing Series I and II
5. Back Bending
6. Hip Opening
7. Final Relaxation (Savasana)
Following approval from your health care provider, regular exercise with the Healthy Mom, Happy Baby Prenatal Yoga DVD is designed to help you:
- Strengthen the muscles used in childbirth
- Learn deep relaxation techniques (will come in handy during childbirth between and during contractions)
- Learn breathing and visualization strategies to release tension and manage pain during labor
- Increase your confidence and trust in the innate wisdom of your body
- Connect with your body and your baby
- Explore your emotions through your transition to motherhood
Prenatal Yoga DVD Instructors:
Anna Davis is a mother of two girls as well as a neurophysiologoist, science educator, and certified yoga instructor. With a doctorate in physiology and biophysics, Anna combines her extensive education with practical instruction to offer a comprehensive yoga practice.
Lisa Black is an accomplished yoga instructor, owner of two studios and a proud new mother. Lisa was recently honored by Yoga Journal as part of a select group of instructors “…who are shaping yoga’s future.”
Please note: This DVD is designed to play on U.S. and Canadian DVD players (region code 1).