BabyDance™ Fertility Lubricant
A Fertility Lubricant for When You Are Trying to Get Pregnant.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Receive two FREE BFP Pregnancy Test Strips with your purchase
BabyDance Fertility Lubricant is a personal fertility lubricant intended to moisturize, lubricate, and enhance the ease and comfort of intimate sexual activity for couples who are trying to conceive. Supplementing the body’s own natural fertile cervical mucus, BabyDance helps carry the sperm to the egg by mimicking the quality and consistency of the cervical fluids you produce when you are fertile. BabyDance Fertility Lubricant is made without parabens and is compatible with sperm, oocytes, and embryos.
Why Do I Need a Fertility Lubricant?
Most everyday lubricants have a low pH and very high salt concentrations, and are harmful to sperm. It goes without saying that using one of these everyday lubricants when you are trying to get pregnant is counterproductive – you don’t want your lubricant to make it harder for you to get pregnant! The class of lubricants specifically designated as fertility lubricants undergo specialized testing to ensure that they won’t harm sperm or eggs. Lubricants that are safe to use when trying to conceive should have a pH of about 7 and should mimic the consistency of your cervical secretions, which help the sperm to swim through your cervix to meet the egg for conception.
For many couples, sexual lubricants enhance the pleasure and comfort of intercourse. This is often especially true for couples who are trying-to-conceive, as making love tends to be less romantic and spontaneous, and more of a chore to be completed, and using a lubricant can make the experience more pleasurable. For everyday intercourse, any lubricant will do. But, when you are trying to get pregnant, it is important to understand that not all lubricants are created equal, and you need to be discerning when selecting a lubricant to use when baby dancing.
Thoughts from Peter Rizk MD, MA, FRCOG, FRCS, HCLD, FACOG, FACS
“It is helpful to finally have a paraben-free fertility lubricant that I can recommend to my patients. After reviewing the clinical data, I believe BabyDance to be the clear market leader for fertility lubricants and a great help for couples who are trying to conceive naturally. The isotonic formula is pH matched to fertile cervical fluids so it won’t irritate sensitive vaginal tissues, and it won’t harm sperm function. This is a product we will be recommending to all our trying-to-conceive patients.”
Read More about the benefits of BabyDance Fertility Lubricant at MyIsoLove.com.
Shouldn’t Your Fertility Lubricant Do No Harm?
Human sperm in semen are readily able to swim into BabyDance Fertility Lubricant and penetrate the gel rapidly in high numbers following contact.
In contrast, sperm that contact a leading lubricant not designed for fertility patients are immobilized when they encounter the gel, and thus cannot penetrate through the lubricant, leaving the bulk of the lubricant with no sperm cells present.
Studies* Show BabyDanceTM Fertility Lubricant does not interfere with:
- Sperm Motility
- Sperm DNA Quality
- Sperm Penetration into Cervical Mucus
- Sperm Ability to Fertilize and Support Embryo Development
Tired of Label-Reading to Find Harmful Ingredients?
With BabyDance, you don’t have to worry about doing more harm than good. Unlike other lubricating products that contain chemicals such as parabens, glycerol, and oils that can cause tissue irritation, BabyDance contains no oils, no glycerin, no hormones, and no parabens.
BabyDance, a member of the IsoLove family of biogels, is 100% isotonic, so it keeps your vaginal cells properly hydrated and preserves cell structure and function. Many lubricating products are hypertonic or hypotonic, meaning they pull water out, or push water into, vaginal cells. This forced movement of water changes vaginal cell shape and biology, leading to irritation, tissue damage and disruptions of the vaginal ecosystem.
BabyDance is the first isotonic, made-without-paraben fertility lubricant to be cleared by the FDA.
When should I use BabyDance?
Use BabyDance during your fertile window when you are trying to maximize your chances of conception.
How many applications are in the box?
Each box comes with 6 single use tubes and 6 single use applicators.
How much BabyDance should I use?
BabyDance’s unique myDose application system allows you to choose the desired amount of product to moisturize and supplement natural lubrication. Select one single use tube and snap and twist on an applicator to the tube. Squeeze the tube to fill the applicator to the 3 gram fill line. If you find that this is too much during your intimacy, simply use a clean cloth to wipe off the vulvar area, and continue with intimacy. Next time, you can adjust the amount of BabyDance that you put into the applicator based on your needs for supplemental lubrication.
Which ingredients are in BabyDance?
- Purifed water: BabyDance is a water-based lubricant, and contains neither oils nor silcone
- Cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose: This ingredient is a polymer derived from cellulose (a naturally occurring component found in the cell walls of plants), which is included in BabyDance to provide thickening and maintain the proper viscosity
- Hypromellose: This ingredient is a semisynthetic polymer most well-known for its use in eye drops (artificial tears)
- Carbomer homopolymer type B: This ingredient is a thickening agent used in many types of cosmetics. It gives BabyDance its desired viscosity.
- Sodium and potassium phosphate: These ingredients are part of the pH buffering system that keeps BabyDance in the proper pH range (about 7)
- Sodium chloride: This is salt – just like the salt you use on your food. It is included in BabyDance to ensure BabyDance is isotonic
- Raspberry-derived xylose: This ingredient is a sugar that provides a building block for the formation of protective natural mucus and energy for healthy bacterial function
- Sodium hydroxide: This ingredient is a pH adjusting agent, included to be sure that BabyDance stays in the proper pH range (about 7)
- Phenethyl alcohol: This ingredient is a naturally occurring substance found in roses that helps preserve BabyDance
- Caprylyl glycol: This is a hydrating compound derived from caprylic acid (which is a a fatty acid found in palm and coconut oils). This ingredient has antimicrobial activity and is used to naturally preserve products, so that harsh chemicals like parabens can be avoided
- Salvia sclarea: Commonly known as Clary Sage, this ingredient is a botanical with natural antibacterial activity, which helps to preserve BabyDance without the need for parabens
What Testing Does the FDA Require for FDA Cleared Fertility Lubricants?
Did you know that the FDA considers sex lubricants to be medical devices? In fact, the US FDA even has a special category of medical devices, known as the PEB category, for lubricants designed to be used by couples when they are trying to get pregnant. The lubricants in this special PEB category are tested extensively prior to FDA clearance to ensure that they are safe for sperm, eggs and embryos. And, once these products are on the market, manufacturers of these FDA-cleared fertility-friendly lubricants are required to confirm that each batch of product does not harm sperm or egg function.
- FDA cleared fertility lubricants are specifically tested to ensure that the lubricant:
- is pH neutral (pH 7) and isosmotic/isotonic (e.g. 300 mOsmo/kg) with fertile cervical mucus and semen to prevent shock and damage to sperm and eggs.
- won’t interfere with human sperm motility, survival, or integrity.
- is the correct viscosity to allow sperm to swim into and through the lubricant.
- won’t interfere with embryo development.
- is safe to use for in vitro fertilization and other fertility interventions.
- is screened, both at time of production and throughout the shelf life of the lubricant, for endotoxins, which are toxins produced by bacteria that can harm sperm and egg function even at relatively low levels
When you are trying to conceive, the only sure way to know that your lubricant won’t harm sperm is to choose an FDA-cleared fertility lubricant. We all know that reading labels and marketing information is confusing, so use this guide to avoid common mistakes when selecting a fertility-friendly lubricant:
1) Avoid lubricants with very low pH levels (~pH 3), very high osmolality (>3,000 mOsm/kg), and/or the products that contain small penetrating chemicals (for example, glycerol)
2) Avoid confusing a lubricant labeled as non-spermicidal with an FDA-cleared fertility lubricant
3) Avoid lubricants that are labeled as organic or natural but are not FDA-cleared as fertility lubricants, as only the FDA-cleared lubricants are required to undergo testing that shows the product won’t harm sperm or eggs
4) Avoid using household oils, as household oils often contain toxic peroxides and inflammatory chemicals that develop over time due to exposure to light, room temperature, and the purity of the oil.
Bottom line, identifying that a lubricant is FDA cleared for fertility (PEB category) is a sure way to know if that lubricant is safe to use when you are trying to conceive.
* Laboratory studies on file. BabyDance is an FDA Class II medical device.