A Must Have for Your Pregnancy and Postpartum Recovery Toolkit
Did you know that spending just a few minutes every day doing perineal massage during the last several weeks of pregnancy can help decrease the chance that you will experience trauma to your perineal tissues during delivery?
Perineal massage is the ancient practice of daily massage that aims to make the tissues of the birth canal (also called perineal tissues) flexible and supple, so that they naturally expand and stretch – without tearing or requiring an episiotomy – during delivery. Perineal massage has also been shown to reduce the chances that you will have pain with intercourse following childbirth. Unfortunately, we don’t talk enough about the benefits of perineal massage, and few women do it. To be fair, perineal massage is awkward and uncomfortable at first, but with daily practice it gets easier and more comfortable – and, most importantly, just a few minutes a day can help reduce the chances of perineal tearing during delivery.
BabyIt, the first isotonic, paraben-free perineal massage gel, helps make perineal massage more comfortable, and keeps tissues hydrated and supple. BabyIt is also a soothing balm for sore and swollen tissues after delivery.
- A 2-in-1 PREGNANCY and POSTPARTUM NECESSITY. BabyIt is Designed Specifically for Perineal Massage During Pregnancy and to Support PostPartum Recovery. Provides Gentle Hydration of Perineal Tissues During Perineal Massage and Soothes Sore and Swollen Tissues After Labor and Delivery.
- GENTLE, PARABEN-FREE FORMULA. BabyIt is Water-Based, Isotonic, and pH Balanced for Pregnancy. Contains No Parabens, Glycerol, Coating Oils, or Added Fragrance. The Nature-Identical Preservative Used in BabyIt Gives the Gel a Light Floral Scent.
- DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED. Each Box Comes with Detailed Instructions for How to Perform Perineal Massage by Yourself or With a Partner.
- PERINEAL MASSAGE DURING PREGNANCY PREPARES THE TISSUES IN THE BIRTH CANAL FOR STRETCHING. As Your Due Date Approaches, Be Sure to Add Perineal Massage to Your Pregnancy To-Do List. Use BabyIt to Make Perineal Massage More Comfortable. Includes Detailed Instructions.
- CONTAINS NATURALLY-DERIVED ANTIOXIDANTS AND HUMECTANTS TO SUPPORT POSTPARTUM RECOVERY. BabyIt is a Calming Balm that Soothes Sore and Swollen Perineal Tissues Following Delivery. Can Also be Used as a Moisturizer for Your Baby’s Skin.
- QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON. For More than 15 Years Fairhaven Health Has Been Trusted by Men and Women Looking to Support Reproductive Health and Fertility. Manufactured in the USA in an ISO 13485 and GMP-Certified Facility.
A Message from Dr. Peter Rizk, MD, MA, FRCOG, FRCS, HCLD, FACOG, FACS – Professor and the Head of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility at the University of South Alabama.
“The evidence supporting the benefits of perineal massage during pregnancy is strong, so I encourage my patients to do perineal massage starting at 34 weeks of pregnancy. It is great to be able to recommend BabyIt for perineal massage because it does not contain oil or parabens, and it comes with detailed instructions about how to do perineal massage alone or with a partner. I am hopeful that BabyIt, the only product specifically designed to be used for perineal massage, will help my patients make perineal massage a regular part of their routine as they prepare for labor and delivery.”
BabyIt is the First and Only IsoTonic and Paraben-Free Perineal Massage Gel
BabyIt is isotonic – which means that BabyIt has a salt concentration that matches the salt levels of the cells in your perineum. Other sexual lubricants suggested for perineal massage are hypertonic (with too high of a salt concentration relative to perineal tissues), and cause water to be sucked out of the cells of the perineum. This forced movement of water can change cell shape and biology, leading to irritation and tissue damage. Unlike these other products, BabyIt’s isotonic formula won’t pull water out of cells. The abnormal salt levels and chemical ingredients in other lubricants lead to increased irritation potential for sensitive mucosal cells (as shown in published studies). BabyIt provides mild, balanced hydration of your cells during perineal massage.
Also, BabyIt is made without parabens, or other harsh preservatives – it is naturally preserved using a nature-identical compound found in roses.
How do I use BabyIt with Perineal Massage
Starting in your 34th week of pregnancy, begin your daily perineal massage routine. Remember, it only takes 5 minutes a day of perineal massage to help your perineal tissues stretch and relax in preparation for childbirth. Click here for complete, detailed instructions on how to perform perineal massage on yourself or with a partner.
Of course, daily perineal massage in the last few weeks of pregnancy is ideal, but don’t get discouraged if you miss a day – just pick up your routine the next day. After about a week or so of regular perineal massage, you should notice increased stretchiness and less burning or discomfort during your daily massage.
For best softening and stretching, ensure that you use enough product to keep your tissues moist through the massage. The amount of BabyIt required, and the need to re-apply during the massage, will vary for each woman. We recommend starting with a heaping teaspoon of product and re-applying as needed.
Why Should I Use BabyIt for Perineal Massage Instead of Almond Oil or My Regular Lubricant?
If you search for information about perineal massage on the web, you might find that some folks recommend using almond oil or sexual lubricants for perineal massage. Unfortunately, coating the vagina and perineal tissues with oils tend to increase rates of vaginal infections and some oils have high levels of free radicals (due to oxidation of the oil) which can cause inflammation and irritation. This is the last thing a woman wants when trying to soften and relax her perineal tissues! Additionally, clinical studies have found that almond oil increases pre-term labor and oils in general can cause vaginal infections. BabyIt is the first and only product designed specifically for use during perineal massage. BabyIt is isotonic, paraben-free, and pH balanced for pregnancy.
BabyIt – a 2 in 1 before and after childbirth necessity
BabyIt is not just a perineal massage gel. After delivery, use BabyIt to soothe sore perineal tissues. BabyIt’s gentle, hydrating formula provides soothing comfort for postpartum recovery. Use it on perineal tissues as a calming balm, or apply it to gauze or toilet tissue to make a gentle gel wipe for cleansing, and as a moisturizer to keep pads or clothes from sticking to healing tissues. The formula contains naturally-derived antioxidants and humectants that soften, soothe and support post partum recovery.
Can I Use BabyIt as a Moisturizer on My Baby’s Dry Skin?
BabyIt is gentle enough to use as a moisturizer for your baby’s delicate skin.