- Early Pregnancy Tests
- Ovulation Tests
- Conception Packs
- Fertility Supplements
- Fertility Monitors & Basal Thermometers
- Pre-Seed Lubricant & Fertility Aids
- Male Fertility Products
Testing for Pregnancy >> Pregnancy Test Strips
The hCG Urine Pregnancy Test Strip is a test kit for the determination of hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) in urine specimens. This test kit is used to obtain a visual, qualitative result for the early detection of pregnancy. Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after fertilization. The appearance of hCG soon after conception and its subsequent rise in concentration during early gestational growth make it an excellent marker for the early detection of pregnancy. Click link to buy pregnancy tests.
1. To begin testing, open the sealed pouch by tearing along the notch. Remove the test from the pouch. Note: First morning urine usually contains the highest concentration of hCG and is therefore the best sample when performing the urine test. However, randomly collected urine specimens may be used.
2. Holding the strip vertically, carefully dip it into the specimen (you may collect your urine in a clean, dry container). Immerse the strip into the urine sample with the arrow end pointing towards the urine. Do not immerse past the MAX Line (Marker Line). Take the strip out after 10 seconds and lay the strip flat on a clean, dry, non-absorbent surface. (Note: In rare instances when dye does not enter the result area, dip the tip of the test strip in the urine as instructed above until the dye begins traveling across the white result area).
3. Wait for colored bands to appear. Depending on the concentration of hCG in the test specimen, positive results may be observed in as little as 40 seconds. However, to confirm negative results, the complete reaction time of 5 minutes is required. It is important that the background is clear before the result is read. Do not read results after the specified reaction time.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Negative: Only one color band appears on the control region. No apparent band on the test region. This indicates that no pregnancy has been detected.
Positive: Distinct color bands appear on the control and test regions. Presence of both test line and control line indicate that you are pregnant. The color intensity of the test bands may vary since different stages of pregnancy have different concentrations of HCG hormone. NOTE: A positive test line will appear directly below the control line on the same test surface (or 'result window' area). Any line or accumulation of color/dye that appears at the juncture between test components should not be mistaken for "test line" (this is only the source of the test reagent & dye).
Invalid: No visible band at all. The control band will not appear if an insufficient volume of specimen is added into the test kit. Proper procedures may not have been followed in performing the test. Repeat with a new test kit. Please consult above instructions and follow precisely.
To Optimize the Use of Testing Products, please visit our online Pregnancy and Ovulation Test FAQ:
The test kits can be stored at room temperature (18 to 30°C) in the sealed pouch to the date of expiration. The test kits should be kept away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Do not use test kit beyond expiration date. The test device should not be reused.
Notes On Pregnancy
- The Urine hCG Pregnancy Test is for in vitro diagnostic use only (for external use only).
- As with all diagnostic tests, a final clinical diagnosis should not be based on the results of a single test, but should only be made by a physician.
- A negative result obtained from a urine specimen collected from a mother in very early pregnancy may be due to an extremely low concentration of hCG. In such cases, the test should be repeated on a fresh specimen obtained two days later.
- If a urine sample is too diluted, it may not contain a representative urinary hCG concentration. If a negative result is obtained with a low specific gravity specimen and pregnancy is still suspected, obtain a first morning urine specimen and retest.
- Test instructions must be followed precisely to insure accurate results. Please read instructions and follow exact test procedure. Please check with your doctor to verify diagnostic results – or if you receive unexpected or inconsistent test results.
More Pregnancy Test Articles